Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

AminNahi
New Contributor

Meru sticky user

hi

Recentely I installed a network for one of my customers with meru products but some thing wiered happens. When we go beneath

an specific access point, my mobile connects to another access point far from the one that I stand beneath that!!

Why this happens? Does anybody can help me in this case?

1 Solution
jbattam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Amin, i hope this issue has been resolved for you by now. If not please update the version of System Director you are using this should resolve the issue and the client should be associated to the closest AP.

However this could also be a configuration issue it's hard to say without seeing the configuration of your Meru Controller.

Regards,

John Battam

John Battam
Principal CSE - Wireless/IAM International Region
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jbattam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Amin, i hope this issue has been resolved for you by now. If not please update the version of System Director you are using this should resolve the issue and the client should be associated to the closest AP.

However this could also be a configuration issue it's hard to say without seeing the configuration of your Meru Controller.

Regards,

John Battam

John Battam
Principal CSE - Wireless/IAM International Region
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.