Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

TonyBurk
New Contributor II

Meru Mc3200 Corrupted CF Card

Hi,

I have a Meru Mc3200 with a corrupted CF Card. . Can I get an image somewhere. What is the best way to re image. I presume I should start with a new card. Any Ideas would be appreciated

Tony

------------------------------
Tony Burke
1 Solution
jbattam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Tony,

These can become corrupt due to power spikes/power loss.
You need to open the unit by removing the screws (only recommended if outside warranty as this will void the warranty).
There should be a 4GB compact flash card inside that can be removed.
You then need to plug this into a CF reader and re-image the card using the relevant image file, using a tool such as winimage
Once the image has been loaded onto the CF card, the card can be inserted back into the MC3200 and it should boot up just fine.
I can provide you with a link to download an image file. What AP's are you running with the MC3200, so i can provide a compatible image?

Kind Regards,

John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
John Battam
Principal CSE - Wireless/IAM International Region
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jbattam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Tony,

You need to open the unit by removing the screws (only recommended if outside warranty as this will void the warranty).
You then need to plug this into a CF reader and re-image the card using the relevant image file, using a tool such as winimage
Once the image has been loaded onto the CF card, the card can be inserted back into the MC3200 and it should boot up just fine.
I can provide you with a link to download an image file. What AP's are you running with the MC3200, so i can provide a compatible image?

Kind Regards,

John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
John Battam
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
TonyBurk

Hi John , Thanks so much for getting back so soon. We are using AP1020i Aps. Is it a good idea to use a new CF card. I had an idea that the card itself might be damaged. The unit is out of warranty

Tony

Sent from my iPhone

jbattam_FTNT

Hi Tony,

Replacing the card is up to you. You can of course try to fix the existing one or replace it. It's your choice.
They are enterprise-grade flash cards and hence should last a long time in production.
Links below to download compatible image files for the MC3200. Both are zipped up. You need to unzip the files (should unpack to around 2GB) then load this file onto the flashcard as mentioned previously.

SD 7.0-13
meru-7.0-13build-0-MC3200.img.zip
Password: MZu7x9zh
https://fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/u86XZAWHJh

SD 8.4-7
meru-8.4-7build-3-MC3200.img.zip
Password: EVoeLx9A
https://fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/2K8xd8RYVG

Cheers,

John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
John Battam
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
TonyBurk

Hi John,

Thank you so much for those image files, really appreciate that. I will have a try and report back to the group on how I get on.

regards

Tony

chamBaso

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the images. Really appreciated

Regards,
CHAMI

-------------------------------------------
Original Message:
Sent: Aug 25, 2020 03:19 AM
Subject: Meru Mc3200 Corrupted CF Card

Hi John,
Thank you so much for those image files, really appreciate that. I will have a try and report back to the group on how I get on.
regards
Tony

Original Message:
Sent: 8/25/2020 4:32:00 AM
Subject: RE: Meru Mc3200 Corrupted CF Card

Hi Tony,

Replacing the card is up to you. You can of course try to fix the existing one or replace it. It's your choice.
They are enterprise-grade flash cards and hence should last a long time in production.
Links below to download compatible image files for the MC3200. Both are zipped up. You need to unzip the files (should unpack to around 2GB) then load this file onto the flashcard as mentioned previously.

SD 7.0-13
meru-7.0-13build-0-MC3200.img.zip
Password: MZu7x9zh
https://fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/u86XZAWHJh

SD 8.4-7
meru-8.4-7build-3-MC3200.img.zip
Password: EVoeLx9A
https://fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/2K8xd8RYVG

Cheers,

John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327

Original Message:
Sent: Aug 25, 2020 12:47 AM

Hi John , Thanks so much for getting back so soon. We are using AP1020i Aps. Is it a good idea to use a new CF card. I had an idea that the card itself might be damaged. The unit is out of warranty
Tony

Sent from my iPhone

Original Message:
Sent: 8/24/2020 9:12:00 PM
Subject: RE: Meru Mc3200 Corrupted CF Card

Hi Tony,

Kind Regards,

John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327

Original Message:
Sent: Aug 24, 2020 06:48 AM

Hi,

I have a Meru Mc3200 with a corrupted CF Card. . Can I get an image somewhere. What is the best way to re image. I presume I should start with a new card. Any Ideas would be appreciated

Tony

Tony Burke
MarkGuer

Hi John.
I too have MN3200 with corrupted SD card due to power outage. Your links to the images have now expired.
Is it possible for you to renew them so that I might flash anew card and get this school back up and running soon.
We are in the UK. Is the image universal or area specific?
Regards, Mark
TonyBurk

Hi Anybody got specific instructions on how to reimage using winimage

If I select the image how do I  reimage

Tony

chamBaso

Open Winimage >>> Restore Virtual Hard Disk Image on  physical drive  >> Select the flash card>> select image file.