Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

Buzzark
New Contributor

Machine authentication on a VPN

I am fairly new to Fortigates having previously mostly used Cisco ASA/Sonicwall/Checkpoint, I like what I've seen so far but am struggling to find ways of authenticating a machine on a VPN.

I'm expecting to use the client and full tunnel, ideally over SSL.

What I cannot find in the manuals or cookbooks is the ability to authenticate a connecting machine as well as a user.  e.g. if I did this on a Cisco ASA I would have the choice or combination of several methods;

Machine certificate deployed through AD, a registry key, a file name or text file content, verified domain membership, verified group membership.

I haven't worked in a company yet that allows (or wanted) non-corporate machines to connect to the corporate VPN so this is a fairly common requirement.

Can somebody point me to the right documentation?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.