Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

JameMuno
New Contributor

MC4200 with a Corrupted SD Card. Anyone have a copy of the firmware?

Hello, i have a Meru 4200 with a corrupted SD Card. i am using AP320i access points. i am looking for a copy of the firmware and a copy of System Director. If someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks,

------------------------------
James
[FirstName]
[FirstName]
1 Solution
jbattam_FTNT

Hi James,

No worries, please download the image file below via the Fortinet Egnyte link. It's the latest MC4200 image compatible with the AP320 being SD 7.0-13.
You'll need to open up the MC4200, remove the compact flash card, connect it to your PC and use an imaging tool, such as Win-Image to load the image file onto the compact flash card.
Once complete, you can then put the card back into the MC4200 and it should boot up ok. Then run setup via CLI etc.

meru-7.0-13build-0-MC4200.img
Password: z2jU39hS
https://fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/LSj9kKJeHh

Kind Regards,

John Battam
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327
John Battam
Principal CSE - Wireless/IAM International Region
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
MattP_l_

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your fast response. My controller is MERU MC4200 and the latest login to webmanagement showed version 8.1-3-2. If that isn't the same as firmware version, then I don't know what firmware version there was before failure.

Br Matti
markdr_FTNT

Hi Matti,

I have retrieved and uploaded the IMG file for an MC4200 with 8.1.3-2 firmware, link is below.

meru-8.1-3-2-MC4200.img
Password: o3Fn9rtm
https://fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/SQWOs8Tvwo

Let me know once you have retrieved the file.

Note it is ~2GB in size.

You'll need to pop out the CF card and write the image to it, then reinsert and restore your config.

Best Regards,
Mark
Mark Ribbans
MattP_l_

Hello Mark,

Thank you so much of your help! I have now downloaded that image.

At first I wrote with some earlier image yesterday, but controller said that there's no bootable disk in the system. After that I couldn't write that CF card anymore, so I think it's dead now. I ordered some industry versions of 4G CF cards, they have a slightly different writing speed (160 Mb/s) than in the original one 150 Mb/s, but I suppose it doesn't matter. I will post if something pops up (aka goes wrong).

Br Matti
markdr_FTNT

No problem Matti, good luck!

M.
Mark Ribbans
MattMatt

Hello Mark,

Thanks once again for your help. Everything went smoothly with WIN32 imager, I followed instructions, no need for partitioning (in MC4200 image, there is 6 (?) partitions in it), just write it on flash, plug-in and go. Now I have a new issue, which is more annoying than halting the system: internal beeping sound is on constantly, I have verified that it really is that beep what one can hear in reset etc, after a while after the boot it beeps, and then it goes on and stays on. Any ideas how to silent it? I suppose it is damaged because of a power surge (lightning strike to the premises).

Matti
chamBaso

Beep keeps coming from if one power supply that you do not have power cable plugged in  or due to failure. There is a small red button in the back right chassis next to the power supply chassis you will find to press it to silence the beep.-------------------------------------------

Original Message:
Sent: Sep 30, 2020 08:29 AM
Subject: MC4200 with a Corrupted SD Card. Anyone have a copy of the firmware?

Hello Mark,

Thanks once again for your help. Everything went smoothly with WIN32 imager, I followed instructions, no need for partitioning (in MC4200 image, there is 6 (?) partitions in it), just write it on flash, plug-in and go. Now I have a new issue, which is more annoying than halting the system: internal beeping sound is on constantly, I have verified that it really is that beep what one can hear in reset etc, after a while after the boot it beeps, and then it goes on and stays on. Any ideas how to silent it? I suppose it is damaged because of a power surge (lightning strike to the premises).

Matti
Original Message:
Sent: Sep 17, 2020 12:14 AM

No problem Matti, good luck!

M.
Original Message:
Sent: Sep 17, 2020 12:08 AM

Hello Mark,

Thank you so much of your help! I have now downloaded that image.

At first I wrote with some earlier image yesterday, but controller said that there's no bootable disk in the system. After that I couldn't write that CF card anymore, so I think it's dead now. I ordered some industry versions of 4G CF cards, they have a slightly different writing speed (160 Mb/s) than in the original one 150 Mb/s, but I suppose it doesn't matter. I will post if something pops up (aka goes wrong).

Br Matti
Original Message:
Sent: Sep 16, 2020 05:48 PM

Hi Matti,

I have retrieved and uploaded the IMG file for an MC4200 with 8.1.3-2 firmware, link is below.

meru-8.1-3-2-MC4200.img
Password: o3Fn9rtm
https://fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/SQWOs8Tvwo

Let me know once you have retrieved the file.

Note it is ~2GB in size.

You'll need to pop out the CF card and write the image to it, then reinsert and restore your config.

Best Regards,
Mark
Original Message:
Sent: Sep 15, 2020 12:15 AM

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your fast response. My controller is MERU MC4200 and the latest login to webmanagement showed version 8.1-3-2. If that isn't the same as firmware version, then I don't know what firmware version there was before failure.

Br Matti
Original Message:
Sent: Sep 14, 2020 10:17 PM

Hello Matti,

It is unclear to me what release you actually require.

Please confirm your controller model and the required firmware version and I'll see what I can do.

Regards,

Mark

Original Message:
Sent: Sep 14, 2020 09:41 PM

Hello,

I have a problem, corrupted card, but from screenshot pics I see the version 8.1-3-2 for MC4200. I downloaded 7 something image, but I thought that how do I update it back to the version where it was. I have only 832e APs.

I would be happy if you could help me. Thank you in advance!

Br Matti
Original Message:
Sent: Aug 07, 2019 03:51 PM

Hi James,

What System Director version did you need? Depending on how corrupt it is you make need to remove the compact flash card,  re-image it using WinImage + a controller image file. you have a backup or can reconfigure it.

Kind Regards,
John

John
CSE - Wireless APAC
Fortinet
Sydney | Australia
CWNE #327

Original Message:
Sent: 08-07-2019 13:25

Hello, have a Meru 4200 with a corrupted SD Card. am using AP320i access points. am looking for a copy of the firmware and a copy of System Director. If someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks,

James
MattMatt

Hello chami, thank you! I didn't have my secondary power cable plugged in and thus it was yelling, also your red button works.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.