Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

NeilOlso1
New Contributor II

MC4200 Factory Default

I want factory default an old MC4200 so I can use it as a test controller.  What are the steps to do this properly?

1 Solution
colinh2000uk_FTNT

Hi Neil,

The cleanest option

Reset the admin password of the controller:
The controller has to be rebooted and once the booting process comes to the point where it displays "Accepting reset requests", type the word PASS and hit ENTER.

You only have a few seconds, so be prepared.

# reload-gui - Resets the Web UI process.
# reload-management - Resets the controller’s management process.
# reload default - Reboots the controller and restores the passwords and system configuration to the original factory settings. Additionally, the AP script files (in /ATS/scripts/*) are deleted.

Hope that helps

Colin Hardacre | Wireless Support 2 (GBR)

w: https://www.fortinet.com

In Reply to Neil Olson:

I want factory default an old MC4200 so I can use it as a test controller.  What are the steps to do this properly?

Colin Hardacre

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
colinh2000uk_FTNT

Hi Neil,

The cleanest option

Reset the admin password of the controller:
The controller has to be rebooted and once the booting process comes to the point where it displays "Accepting reset requests", type the word PASS and hit ENTER.

You only have a few seconds, so be prepared.

# reload-gui - Resets the Web UI process.
# reload-management - Resets the controller’s management process.
# reload default - Reboots the controller and restores the passwords and system configuration to the original factory settings. Additionally, the AP script files (in /ATS/scripts/*) are deleted.

Hope that helps

Colin Hardacre | Wireless Support 2 (GBR)

w: https://www.fortinet.com

In Reply to Neil Olson:

Colin Hardacre
NeilOlso1

Thank you Colin.  I appreciate the quick response