Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

StuaJame
New Contributor

MC3200 failed CF card

Hello

I have a school with an old Meru AP320, AP300 and MC3200 setup. The usual story, they have no money to replace the system and are desperate to get back up and running. The CF card in the 3200 has failed. It won't even show the linux recovery option on boot. I have connected over serial, etc, etc.

I have a new 4GB CF card which I just tried to flash the recovery image onto it (meru-7.0-10-0-MC3200_recovery_root.img), but this did not work. After doing a bit of digging I think this recovery image is designed to be used not with a blank CF card but when the original CF card is still functional and will at least boot into the linux recovery partition? 

Does an image exist that is suitable for flashing onto a brand new card, please?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. They are hoping to replace the system next year and any goodwill from Fortinet will go a long way, I'm sure! 

Thanks

Stuart

18 REPLIES 18
TonyBurk
New Contributor II

Thanks Ranjith,

Do I need a username and Password. The Forum one wont work

Tony

StuaJame

HI Tony

I used the link that John provided in a similar thread about the MC4200:

Password: z2jU39hS https://fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/LSj9kKJeHh

Note that I simply used this image to get the MC3200 to boot into the recovery console from where I was able to ftp the correct MC3200 recovery image onto it. Now working like a charm. I assume that the recovery partition is the same for all Meru controllers. It would be good to have a proper MC3200 cf image and so once it's available from here I will download a copy for safekeeping.

Hope that helps

Stuart

TonyBurk
New Contributor II

Hi Stuart

Thanks for That

Tony

DustArne

Hello I also have a MC3200 that won't start. I need to get the firmware image for it. Anybody have something in the 8.x.x range that they could share.
TonyBurk
New Contributor II

Hi Dustin

I was given this by Chami
Please see attached images below for the MC1550. I hope this helps you.

meru-7.0-8-0-MC1550.img.zip
Password: c2Yfr33p
fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/Vk5QPly4nr

meru-8.5-0build-2-MC1550-rpm.tar
Password: 9ZfxMNw8
fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/mo4w3GeW44

it seems to work but I was having trouble telnetting into the device. This seems to be a reoccurring issue with these devices. We replaced it but I am still working on ours although with no big urgency

Tony

DustArne

Hello Tony,
This is almost what I need. I just have a MC3200 and not a MC1550, do you have that one? Thanks for the reply.
TonyBurk
New Contributor II

Hi Dustin

Sorry about that,
SD 7.0-13
meru-7.0-13build-0-MC3200.img.zip
Password: MZu7x9zh
fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/u86XZAWHJh

SD 8.4-7
meru-8.4-7build-3-MC3200.img.zip
Password: EVoeLx9A
fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/2K8xd8RYVG

Let me know how you get on

Tony

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 at 19:54, Tony Burke <tonyjburke@olschool.ie> wrote:
Hi Dustin

I was given this by Chami
Please see attached images below for the MC1550. I hope this helps you.

meru-7.0-8-0-MC1550.img.zip
Password: c2Yfr33p
fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/Vk5QPly4nr

meru-8.5-0build-2-MC1550-rpm.tar
Password: 9ZfxMNw8
fortinet.egnyte.com/dl/mo4w3GeW44

it seems to work but I was having trouble telnetting into the device. This seems to be a reoccurring issue with these devices. We replaced it but I am still working on ours although with no big urgency

Tony

--

DustArne

Hey Tony,
Thanks for the response. Those are exactly what I need, but when I click on the links they say expired so I am unable to download.

Thanks
Dustin
TonyBurk
New Contributor II

Hi Dustin
I have a copy. Am i allowed to upload or is it ok to post. I am not sure of the etiquette her I originally got it from Chami you could as him for it I think he works for Fortinet. If its ok to use email I can forward it.

regards

Tony