Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

mickstrick_FTNT

Introduction to FortiConverter 4.8

Sharing this presentation with a wider audience. I would welcome any comments or feedback.

https://www.brainshark.com/fortinet/forticonverter_kick-start

Thanks,

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Looks good. As a small partner, it would be nice if FortiConverter were available with a per use or very short term license as we don't do the volume needed to justify the unlimited license expense.

Norris Carden

Fortinet XTreme Team USA (2015)
CISSP (2005), CISA (2007)
Sr. Security Engineer | Arnett Group™

mickstrick_FTNT

Hi Norris,

Thanks for reposting your comment to this community.

I agree that the unlimited license is not suitable to all customers, and I am looking into this requirement.

Thanks,

Mike

fcnsp1027

is it possible to convert from Fortigate 1240b config fortios 5.x to fortigate 621b fortios 5.x?

what might be the source configuration file (does the current FG1240b config file?) and what might be the target configuration file ( i didnt find info about whats is the target config file)?

I tried with fg1240b config as source and Fg621b default config file as target but dont works.

mickstrick_FTNT

Yes, you can migrate between FortiGate platforms using FortiConverter. It requires the config file of the FortiGate you are converting from, the source, and the default config for the FortiGate you are migrating to, the target. In the conversion options you choose whether to upgrade the OS, say from v4.3 to v5.2, or not. Then you do the physical interface mapping, where you map the interfaces in use on the source firewall to those on the target firewall. If you experience any issues with this migration, you may contact engineering using the email alias fconvert_feedback@fortinet.com. And please make sure you are using the latest release, which is 5.0.0.

Thanks,

Mike

fcnsp1027

Thanks. I tried with FG311b to FG310b and didnt work with forticonverter (is very easy migrate without Forticonverter). I test between fg80C and FG92d same Fortios version and didnt work too. Is it working the trial version between fortigates ? does anyone had tested Forticonverter between Fortigates same version different models?