Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

SCSIraidGURU1
New Contributor

I just joined

I was asking my SE at work if he could be my SE for my home.   I have a 60E and 221-C at my house.  He told me I should join this group.  He only deals with company accounts. 

Here is my technical website.  I created a section for my Fortinet 60E because my two Wordpress servers are under constant attack.  I parsed off the 60E syslog server and list out the daily, monthly and yearly attacks.   I am on 6.4 on my 60E.  I tried 6.4.1 and had to roll back.

3 REPLIES 3
faridulalam_FTNT

Hi Michael,
Could you please clarify, what actually you are looking for?
It will help us to answer - Thanks.

------------------------------
Faridul
------------------------------
[FirstName] [JobTitle]
SCSIraidGURU1

I was told you need an SE to put in feature requests.    Fortinet changes the FortiOS with each major build.  They move and remove items.  The Change notes are missing why they did it.   They removed Monitor.  I was told finally it came back in 6.4.1.   I want to place a suggestion for a feature requests page on the main portal page like with had Cisco do.  You can put in your ideas and get all members to vote them up or down along with leaving comments on how to improve the idea.  I want to know why they made the video courses for the NSE X available but more books on it?   Going to the knowledge base is usually not great.  It would be better if the cookbooks had real examples that cover how 80% of the users do something.  

I have a 800C in the office.  I bought the 60E for home because of my Wordpress servers being constantly attacked.  I have been on their products for a long time. 

SCSIraidGURU1

How can I get invited to the Data Defender project for my home account?   mike.mckenney@scsiraidguru.com.