Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

KellYoun
Staff
Staff

How can we Increase the authentication timeout in FortiGate when waiting on the LDAP authentication reply.

We have a customer (MicroStrategy) testing with a FG and the clients authenticate against an LDAP server. There is a slightly longer delay to authenticate an additional piece of information in their application called “Usher”…see attachment. The customer is looking for a way to increase the standard authentication timeout in the FortiGate. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
FortiAdam
Contributor II

Hi Kelly,

I believe the setting you are looking for is found in the CLI.

config system global

set remoteauthtimeout XXX

The default value for this is 5 seconds.  Hope this helps you out!  Welcome to the forums!

KellYoun
Staff
Staff

Hi Adam,
Thank you so much! I will ask the customer to please try this setting ☺

Appreciate your support.

Kelly Young | Systems Engineer / Commercial Sales East
FORTINET - High Performance Network Security
kyoung@fortinet.com<mailto:kyoung@fortinet.com> | Cell: 540-226-1281
[Macintosh HD:Projects:Projects_ML:BRAND:ESignatures:EmailSignature_Graphic_Crop_02.png]http://www.fortinet.com

From: Adam Tischler via firewall.public [mailto:firewall.public@fuse-lists.fortinet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 5:42 PM
To: firewall.public@fuse-lists.fortinet.com
Subject: [firewall.public] - RE: How can we Increase the authentication timeout in FortiGate when waiting on the LDAP authentication reply.

Hi Kelly,

I believe the setting you are looking for is found in the CLI.

config system global

set remoteauthtimeout XXX

The default value for this is 5 seconds. Hope this helps you out! Welcome to the forums!

-----End Original Message-----