Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

vietleanz_FTNT

How FortiMail handle personal quarantine for Distribution group

A question has been raised by one of our clients about how the Personal Quarantine feature can be used with email that comes to distribution lists - email addresses that go to a list of people rather than to a specific account. If personal quarantine is enabled for all incoming mail I understand a user can login to review their own quarantined email, but because the Distribution List has no password and isn't a normal account no-one can login.

Currently email to the DL gets quarantined in Personal quarantine. From the FortiMail's point of view it's just another email address, but when it hits the Exchange server it gets distributed to each of the users without going back to the FortiMail.

I think I could use LDAP to search for users who are members of the group, but looks like the LDAP profile doesn't support in this scenarios.

Any thought?

Thanks, Viet

Professional Services Consultant A/NZ
1 Solution
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Sending to a group admin is possible under Anti-spam > Quarantine > Quarantine Report > Quarantine Report Recipient Settings.  

If you want to send to all users and let them access, you can enable "Time limited access without authentication"

See the attached config.

Carl Windsor
Senior Director, Product Management
Fortinet

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Sending to a group admin is possible under Anti-spam > Quarantine > Quarantine Report > Quarantine Report Recipient Settings.  

If you want to send to all users and let them access, you can enable "Time limited access without authentication"

See the attached config.

Carl Windsor
Senior Director, Product Management
Fortinet

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet