Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

RohiKuma
New Contributor

Help in Link Load Balancing

I want to use my fortigate 600c as link load balancer that when my clients connect to my fortigate, the box connects to the application server in round robin
and when 1 isp gets down box automatically transfer loads to another ISP. I have 2 ISP presently and have my domain at godaddy and will create A records of
my 2 isp ip configured at box
e.g., ISP 1 = 1.1.1.2 = A record = lb1.xyz.com and
      ISP 2 = 2.2.2.2 = A record = lb2.xyz.com and

test.xyz.com = ns record = lb1.xyz.com
      test.xyz.com = ns record = lb2.xyz.com

when 1 gets down it automatically routes to another isp, i mean when client nslookup test.xyz.com  he'll get 2 ip 1.1.1.2 and 2.2.2.2
and in case ISP 1 gets down he will get only one result of ISP2 i.e., 2.2.2.2. its possible when my box acts as name server where
i can configure my domain name test.xyz.com with ip of both isp defined
These ip under domain name test.xyz.com which routed to application server and UTM IP can be different.
Then accordingly  VIP configured on FGT to route to that servers private IP.
My purpose is to serve my clients if he gets only one isp responding then it connects through that and not unnecessarily gets a failed response from the failed ISP.

Please Help

Thanks

Rohit

1 REPLY 1
RohiKuma
New Contributor

Basically I want to achieve this as per snapshot on tcp and udp