Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

pkeeley_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Fortinet Controller Solution Guide

Attached is a Solution Guide explaining why the Fortinet Controller solution is a different and very relevant solution to wireless deployments. This document is aimed at a moderately technical audience although much of the messaging will be useful anyone with an interest in Wireless Networking.

Version 1.1 has a few modifications and corrections from the field, As detailed in the comments below thanks all for your constructive feedback

Version 1.2 again has some corrections, one of the graphics for wireless coverage in the Airport had the wrong image, this has been corrected.

7 REPLIES 7
bandersen_FTNT

AWESOME

Thanks

Brian

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet

HasaShai
Staff
Staff

Great Write up and Efforts 

LovVash
Staff
Staff

Great Document Philip! :)

Thanks.

markdr_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Phil, I have just read through your document. Excellent work, very well put together.

I did note two small typos that you may want to fix though:

1.  On page 5 it reads: "The 5GHz AP is at -63.6dBm and the 2.4GHz AP is at -71 dBm, maintaining the 7.4 dBm delta."

- This is back to front, the 5GHz AP is -71dBm and the 2.4GHz is -63dBm (the 2.4GHz AP has the stronger signal if I'm not mistaken)

2. On page 7. "The site survey would have specified -65dBm coverage and 80 Mbps channels"

- this should read 80MHz wide channels, (not 80Mbps channels)

Best Regards,

Mark

Mark Ribbans
pkeeley_FTNT

Thanks for your feedback I will get those sorted.

ThomHans
Staff
Staff

Nice one!

Page9: The key point to understand here is the bottom right figure of 270 networks found    should be   bottom (left) figure
colinh2000uk_FTNT

Interesting to see on page 10 where the WiFi Explorer scan taken at a UK airport has a number of networks using U-NII-3 bands ....

Colin Hardacre | Wireless Support 2 (GBR)

Colin Hardacre