Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

ImreSzol
New Contributor

FortiWeb special questions ( ajax, samlv2 )

Dear Forum!

For a new deployment, I have a questions about the FortiWeb appliances.

My client is want to use AJAX  technology to create the user content of it webservice? Could the WAF inspect properly the data, if between the server and the client have AJAX?

The other question is about samlv2 authentication ( EDU id ). The user grap the session after a success authentication, but the the authentication make other requests to the EDUID server?

Best Regards

Imre Szollosi

1 Solution
mduijm_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Dear Imre,

Ajax and SAML are not supported on FortiWeb. Can you please contact your local Fortinet SE to discuss the project so we can see if we can put these features on the roadmap for FortiWeb.

thank you in advance,

Martijn

In Reply to Imre Szollosi:

Dear Forum!

My client is want to use AJAX  technology to create the user content of it webservice? Could the WAF inspect properly the data, if between the server and the client have AJAX?

The other question is about samlv2 authentication ( EDU id ). The user grap the session after a success authentication, but the the authentication make other requests to the EDUID server?

Best Regards

Imre Szollosi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mduijm_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Dear Imre,

Ajax and SAML are not supported on FortiWeb. Can you please contact your local Fortinet SE to discuss the project so we can see if we can put these features on the roadmap for FortiWeb.

thank you in advance,

Martijn

In Reply to Imre Szollosi:

Dear Forum!

Best Regards

Imre Szollosi

ImreSzol

Dear Martijn!

Nice to speak you with you again! Thank you for your fast answer! I will forward it to the local team.

Best Regards

Imre Szollosi

ImreSzol

Dear Martinj,

Is there any news about AJAX technologie support with FortiWeb?

Best Regards

Imre Szollosi

mduijm_FTNT

Hi,

Still in planning for future versions, no date set for the feature to be added.

If you want to give this some push the best is to contact the local Fortinet team to discuss this with them.

thanks,

Martijn

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.