Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

JuliL
New Contributor

FortiWLC 8.5-3 MC1550

Okay, finally got it all back up an running, however now have a strange problem.

With the image default factory reloaded, I log into the GUI as user admin p/w admin, when I go to System Config > Quick Start and click VLan tab

I get enter user and password, however admin admin does not work, the same happens when I go to Access Control > User Management and click Local Admins tab.

Loads of other tabs also have the same result

Is there a different default SuperUser Login and password for the GUI to access these settings ?

I created super user via console with privilege level 15 but sill get the same result.

Please help. 

2 REPLIES 2
markdr_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Julian,

If you are using the Chrome browser then there is a known issue whereby the GUI continually prompts for authentication.

There is patch available for this which I can provide, however as a short term fix just use a different browser such as Firefox.

Best Regards,
Mark
Mark Ribbans
JuliL

Thanks Mark,

That hit the nail on the head!

Last time I visited this system was 2015.

Would be grateful if you could provide the patch.

Many Thanks

Julian.