Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

SimoSchm
New Contributor

FortiSwitch Advanced Features license

What exactly does the Advanced Features license do for the FortiSwitch devices?

I know they are supposed to unlock additional features, but i can't find any documentation about what is unlocked.
Can someone shed some light on this?

1 Solution
kay_schroeder
New Contributor

Hello Simon,

regarding the data sheet it seems to be only the Dynamic Routing Protocols.

In the Admin Guide there is a note that all Dynamic L3-Routing-Protocols needs the advanced feature license and also there is a note under the following chapters:
- Router Logging
- OSPF
- RIP
- VRRP

This confirms the data sheet.

As I understand this only applies to standalone mode as in managed mode the fortigate will do the whole routing.

Kind Regards,

Kay

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kay_schroeder
New Contributor

Hello Simon,

regarding the data sheet it seems to be only the Dynamic Routing Protocols.

In the Admin Guide there is a note that all Dynamic L3-Routing-Protocols needs the advanced feature license and also there is a note under the following chapters:
- Router Logging
- OSPF
- RIP
- VRRP

This confirms the data sheet.

As I understand this only applies to standalone mode as in managed mode the fortigate will do the whole routing.

Kind Regards,

Kay

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.