Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

MichRein1
Staff
Staff

FortiSIEM Questions & Answers

Purpose: This is an open forum for any and all questions related to the use of FortiSIEM in support of optimal Security, Performance and Compliance management.

How it works: This is meant to be an open conversation by any and all with an interest and/or expertise to share their questions and to allow the sharing of ideas.

If you have any problems with this thread or want to report abuse, please contact:

Michael Reinhart

Sr. Director - Security Operations Solutions

408-858-3349

6 REPLIES 6
hfreel
New Contributor

Looking for advice on whether I should purchase the Basic Windows Agent or not. What specifically will the basic agent give me that I am not getting from my Fortigates, ASA's, Routers and Switches? 

MichRein1

Beginning in Q4 2017 we will be retiring "Basic" Windows Agents. See attached for the benefits of the Advanced Windows Agent.

Michael Reinhart

Sr. Director - Security Operations Solutions

408-858-3349

Jabba
New Contributor

I have looked through the API Reference guide, and the API seems pretty limited. Is there a query I can run in order to get the status of devices from the CMDB - specially if the device is showing as up or down within FortiSIEM.

Additionally, is there a published road map for FortiSIEM features?

Johnwatson
New Contributor

After you’ve created or an edited a rule, you should test it to see if behave as expected before you activate it. This topic describes how to test a rule using synthetic events. Assignment Writing Help

nabilnowolf
New Contributor

Hi ,

Can anyone share his experience for getting some performance & availability status of oracle clusters , listner ... because the External system guide is poor on that side can anyone advise ?
Nowolf , Fortinet Guru -_-
Nowolf , Fortinet Guru -_-
HafizJasmi
New Contributor

Hi,

Anyone could share their own rules for F5 and Cisco FCM?