Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

FSM_FTNT
Staff
Staff

FortiSIEM 6.4.0 Released

Hello FortiSIEM Users!

We released FortiSIEM 6.4.0, this was a significant release for us as it brought new capabilities in a number of areas.

These are the key features and points:

• Linux distribution has moved from CentOS to Rocky Linux
  • Ability to upgrade Agents remotely from FortiSIEM
  • Deeper integration with FortiSOAR where users are now able to execute Playbook and Connector actions from FortiSIEM GUI
  • Lookup Tables - this will allow for more flexible analytics and uses cases
  • Link Graph view under Analytics
  • Content Update Service - get the latest content directly into FortiSIEM as soon as we publish it.
Please check out the release notes and let us know what you think!

FortiSIEM 6.4.0 Release Notes https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortisiem/6.4.0/release-notes/456886/whats-new-in-6-4-0 

------------------------------
Daniel
FortiSIEM Product Manager
4 REPLIES 4
Antonio2022
New Contributor II

I attempted to upgrade multiples times already to version 6.4 from 6.3.3. Is there any know bug? a ticket was created with Support - 5743278. No update so far.

Thanks
FSM_FTNT

Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear about the upgrade issue. I have messaged you directly regarding the TAC case.

Thanks

Dan

Daniel
simonai
New Contributor III

Hi Dan

I just did the upgrade today, though I had to learn the hard way that the mirrors were changed (and more than the documented os-pkgs-cdn.fortisiem.fortinet.com and os-pkgs.fortisiem.fortinet.com, eg. os-pkgs-r8.fortisiem.fortinet.com) which almost bricked our installation. At least for the upgrade consider opening up general internet access for the affected system.

Regards
Simon
FSM_FTNT

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the note and apologies for this typo.

We have updated the documentation https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortisiem/6.4.0/upgrade-guide/505373/upgrading-to-fortisiem-6-4-0 with the latest repo location.

Make sure the Supervisor, Workers and Collectors can connect to the Internet on port 443 to the Rocky Linux 8 OS repositories (os-pkgs-cdn.fortisiem.fortinet.com and os-pkgs-r8.fortisiem.fortinet.com) hosted by Fortinet, to get the latest OS packages.

Thanks

Dan

Daniel