Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

AndrHann
New Contributor III

FortiManager security profile error

Hello

I am new to FortiManager and am trying to set up some security filtering on my network policies. I have configured my polices and pushed everything out to the FortiGates but I am now trying to assign some security profiles to the policies and am getting the following error:

firewall/policy/1/ : Attribute 'profile-protocol-options' MUST be set.

It doesn't matter which policy I try and edit, I still get the 'attribute must be set' error. I have tested and can add the security profile to the policy directly on the FortiGate but this obviously needs to be done from the FortiManager.

Has anyone seen this error?

Regards,

Andre

5 REPLIES 5
jpforcioli_FTNT

Hi,

This is because you need to set the "Proxy Options" in your policy, as shown in attached picture.

Could you please let us know your FMG version? (get system status)

Best Regards.

Jean-Pierre FORCIOLI
AndrHann

Hi and thanks. It was as simple as that apparently. My googling skills let me down in this case so I appreciate your help. By the way, your question about the FMG version v5.4.0-build1019 160217 (GA) platform 200D.

Andre

jpforcioli_FTNT

Just for your information, we're going to have this additional settings to be set automatically (with default profile).

It will be in FMG 5.4.1.

Thanks having raised this!

Jean-Pierre FORCIOLI
AndrBoru

I haven't tested this yet in a 5.4.1 deployment. Can you confirm if this change made it into the release?

-Andrew

AndrHann
New Contributor III

Hi Andrew

I have just tested it now. It looks like if you don't specify a proxy option it automatically chooses the default. No errors anymore.

Thanks,

Andre