Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

JohaGrot
New Contributor

FortiManager radius authentication

Hi,

Is there anyone out there that has a step by step guide for configuring radius authentication in FortiAnalyzer and FortiManager using Windows 2012 R2 NPS as radius servers? As of yet, my efforts have failed. 

I have searched for documentation, but most is related to FortiGate which does not apply. So, if anyone out there can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

2 REPLIES 2
jpforcioli_FTNT

Hi,

Could you please show us what you've have done so far in term of configuration (ideally FMG/FAZ CLI output) and let us know where it doesn't work?

Don't forget to mention your FMG/FAZ version.

Best Regards.

Jean-Pierre FORCIOLI
JohaGrot

I went ahead and solved this using LDAP authentication instead.

However, I do feel that the official documentation regarding external sources for admin authentication lacks a lot of the necessary steps regardless if one looks at LDAP or Radius. Both these protocols has been around for quite some time but Fortinet has really made it difficult to configure it properly. There is no point in offering a GUI which lacks several settings, it is better to refer to the cli and have extensive configuration examples to look at. I hope to see Fortinet seriously improve in this area.