Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

NotMine
Contributor

FortiManager Roadmap?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have some inside info on FortiManager firmware updates roadmap? 5.2.5 is long overdue, FortiOS 5.4 is still unsupported, are there any ongoing efforts to remedy this?

Cheers,

Slavko

NSE 7

All oppinions/statements written here are my own.

NSE 7 All oppinions/statements written here are my own.
1 Solution
kenwheeler77_FTNT

Here is the "official" update from the FMG team:

FMG 5.2.5 is skipped in order to sync with FAZ side release so FMG will directly go for 5.2.6 and current ETA is by Mar 11

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kenwheeler77_FTNT

FortiManager 5.2.5 seems to have disappeared from the Release Outlook which is now showing FMG 5.2.6.  The date has also been pushed out to the 2nd week of March.  I am also waiting for FMG 5.2.5 for a large client of mine.  Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

kenwheeler77_FTNT

Here is the "official" update from the FMG team:

FMG 5.2.5 is skipped in order to sync with FAZ side release so FMG will directly go for 5.2.6 and current ETA is by Mar 11

NotMine

Hi Ken, thans for the information. I was guessing it is because they have to change the way it logs on the managed devices devices. ;)

Cheers!

NSE 7

NotMine

FortiManager 5.4 was released yesterday! Haven't had an opportunity to test it yes, but it is exciting news.

NSE 7

wjanmayka_FTNT

Does FMG has plan to support manage FortiWeb ?

jpforcioli_FTNT

I think we have something planned yes, I will let PM to give the additional details.

But could you please tell us why the FortiWebManager couldn't be a solution in your case?

Jean-Pierre FORCIOLI
JoacSchw

Hi Jean-Pierre,

I and many of my customers are looking forward to the update for the FortiManager 5.4. Do you know when this is released? According to unconfirmed rumors, it should be published in early May.

Best regards

Joachim

wjanmayka_FTNT

Hi Forcioli,

Customer need the centralize management that it can manage FG, Fweb and Sandbox.

Regards,
Wittaya J.

On 2/16/17, 5:34 PM, "Jean-Pierre Forcioli via cent.mgt.rpt.pub" >">mailto:cent.mgt.rpt.pub@fuse-lists.fortinet.com>> wrote:

I think we have something planned yes, I will let PM to give the additional details.

But could you please tell us why the FortiWebManager couldn't be a solution in your case?

-----End Original Message-----