Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

Matt2019
New Contributor

FortiAuthenticator and Windows 10 Home / no domain

Hello All,

Is there any way to use FortiAuthenticator on a Windows 10 Home machine?

We have a small amount of Windows 10 home laptops and no domain setup in our environment. I am using FortiAuthenticator to handle RADIUS logins on our Linux servers with 2FA. I would like to add 2FA to our Win10 machines but don't have a need for an AD.

Thanks,

Matt

5 REPLIES 5
dred_FTNT
Staff
Staff

this is scheduled for upcoming agent release - ETA end of month:  FAC Agent OTP validation for non domain machine and non domain user
https://mantis.fortinet.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=727004
David Redberg Fortinet Product Manager
Matt2019

Hi David,

Thanks for the response. Do you know if there is a beta version of this FAC agent? I contacted support and they told me they do not have access to interim versions.

Matt
Matt2019

Support just updated the ticket saying that version 4.2 will handle local user support and it is still slated for the end of the month. I hope that it doesn't get pushed back as I need to test local user accounts with FAC to see if it is a viable solution for us.
dred_FTNT

Hi Matt:   

QA came across a couple of bugs in their previous round of testing, and they received a new build today that has the fixes for those. It is being tested now.   If this new round of testing clears (should know by tomorrow, latest), then this build is good to ship.  

If you want the latest build right now, email me directly and I can provide you a zip file with this interim version

David Redberg Fortinet Product Manager
deisner
New Contributor

Hi,

there is already a version with which you can use clients that are not in a domain and should still use Fortiauthentificator 2FA.

I have some Windows 10 Pro clients that are not in the domain, but we would like to use 2FA for them. If so, where can I get this FortiAgent for Windows?

Sincerely

Sven Deisner