Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

debabratamajhi
New Contributor

Firewall upgrade to Latest stable version

Hello All,

We have environment of fortigate firewall with version 6.2.2 1010 ,Now we want to go latest stable version ,
Can you please help me to choose the stable version like 6.4.0,6.4.1 or 6.4.2 ?

Awaiting response 

Thanks in advance 
Debabrata
2 REPLIES 2
AnanNara
New Contributor

In my opinion, I would suggest to stay with v6.2.2 as this is very stable, unlike v6.4.x that has bugs as outlined below. If you are not using one of these features that I have outlined then you can proceed with v6.4.0 or v.6.4.2 
  • v6.4.0 - If Fortissl vpn configured with multiple portals, the user gets different IPs though he is not part of other portal. This is fixed in v.6.4.2
  • v6.4.2 - If you have 2 firewalls configured on HA and the mgmt1 or mgmt2 is used as HA heartbeat interface, then it does not display in GUI and the firewall will either switch to standalone mode or keeps flapping from one firewall to another often.

------------------------------
AnandSr. Manager - Network Services
------------------------------
[FirstName][JobTitle]
[FirstName][JobTitle]
alaahammad
New Contributor II

• 6.4.0 - If Fortissl vpn configured with multiple portals, the user gets different IPs though he is not part of other portal. This is fixed in v.6.4.2
  • v6.4.2 - If you have 2 firewalls configured on HA and the mgmt1 or mgmt2 is used as HA heartbeat interface, then it does not display in GUI and the firewall will either switch to standalone mode or keeps flapping from one firewall to another often.
ALAA HAMMAD
ALAA HAMMAD