Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

DeniMota
New Contributor

FG300E IPS Setup

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if the Fortigate 300E support multiple context or not? Can I setup this product in transparent mode?
I'm planning to replace my current cisco IPS with this product to work as IPS only, any help on how to setup?

Thank you,

DM

------------------------------
Denilson [LastName] [Designation]
Mr
[CompanyName]
[City] [State]
[Phone]
3 REPLIES 3
r_fantini
New Contributor

Hi Denilson

Sure, You can use VDOMs that are the equivalent of ASA Contexts.

For transparent mode, you can VDOM in Transparent mode, there are also Fortigate models which support the Hardware Fail-Open on some ports, I do not remember if the 300E supports it, but I do not believe.

Roberto

Roberto Fantini

PreSales Engineer

MessageImages_ffa84a8df2e546b58b2aafc04277caa1.jpg

MessageImages_0036c8d527744ddd94717c1505c71c1e.png

Mead Informatica Srl

http://www.meadinformatica.it

------Original Message------

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if the Fortigate 300E support multiple context or not? Can I setup this product in transparent mode?
I'm planning to replace my current cisco IPS with this product to work as IPS only, any help on how to setup?

Thank you,

DM

Mr
[CompanyName]
[City] [State]
[Phone]
DeniMota

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for your reply, in the meanwhile can you please let me know if is possible like on cisco device we create a context and assign one or more interface and the IP address we assign on the context it self. On FG300E VDOM-A we can assign port 2 and 3 for the VDOM-A, same to VDOM-B port 4 and 5. Is it possible we bind those interfaces for use only one IP for the in/out traffic? In mine topology I have only one IP assigned for each context.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mr
[CompanyName]
[City] [State]
[Phone]
rmoussa

Hi,

If you mean Transparent Mode, you can do that.

Regards

Rony Moussa
Fortinet NSE Certified: Level 8
Rony Moussa
Fortinet NSE Certified: Level 8
Rony MoussaFortinet NSE Certified: Level 8