Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

dArA
New Contributor

EDR Test Case

Dear Admin, Everyone

I have PoC regarding FortiEDR for the customer and I have my own EVAL license already but I have another concern about the test case with Execution Prevention, Exfiltration Prevention, Ransomware Prevention. could you share with me about the malware to test with those features to meet the customer and as they need to test one by one to see FortiEDR capability?

I believe you will share with me a great guide or please me the suggestion.

Thanks,

Dara 

DARA RIM
DARA RIM
4 REPLIES 4
ShanWill
New Contributor III

http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
BrooChel

I would think Eicar would only trigger the execution policy. Dara, are you looking for individual strains to test each policy? ​
dArA
New Contributor

Hi @Brook and @Shane

Yes, all right, I'd like to test case with execution prevention, exfiltration prevention, ransomware prevention because eicar virus no enough to deal a test with FEDR.
If you don't mind, please kindly share the resource or scenario for this concern. Thanks a lot.

DARA RIM
DARA RIM
BrooChel

I would contact Udi Yavo about something like this. ​