Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

jsav
New Contributor

Can an AP-822 use virtual port

The only info I can find is that in 2014 virtual port was not supported.

1 Solution
markdr_FTNT
Staff
Staff

On that model AP you can only use native cell (separate BSSID per AP, i.e. a typical micro-cell deployment using different channels) or you can use Virtual cell (common BSSID across all AP's that have identical radio parameters). I'd recommend virtual cell, but make sure the AP's are on the same channel, have the same MIMO and use the same channel width -otherwise the virtual cell will be broken.

Mark Ribbans

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bandersen_FTNT

no support for Virtual Port

Thanks

Brian

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet

markdr_FTNT
Staff
Staff

On that model AP you can only use native cell (separate BSSID per AP, i.e. a typical micro-cell deployment using different channels) or you can use Virtual cell (common BSSID across all AP's that have identical radio parameters). I'd recommend virtual cell, but make sure the AP's are on the same channel, have the same MIMO and use the same channel width -otherwise the virtual cell will be broken.

Mark Ribbans