Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

jsav
New Contributor

CLI reference System Director 8.1 and 8.2.4

Hi

I can't find any detailed information for the following CLI commands. the CLI reference seems to be missing some key configuration details.

rf-virtual-mode under the essid configuration

nor

rf-virtual-mode under the interface Dot11Radio configuration

1 Solution
markdr_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Andrew,

I can share the latest CLi reference guide if you like, (I have 8.2-4) however you're right it doesn't seem to make reference to the rf-virtual-mode, however there are only 3 options in terms of the ESS profile.

NativeCell - All Ap's are independant and have have unique BSSID. Typical micro cell like other vendors

VirtualCell - Single channel deployment, all APs share a common virtual BSSID. Allow seamless roaming and other nice things.

VirtualPort - Single channel deployment, each client device gets its own unique BSSID. This RF technology was replaced by VirtualCell - doesn't work with Apple iOS Mac randomization.

This is the same for the when you are in the context of a Dot11radio Interface.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Mark

Mark Ribbans

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
markdr_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Andrew,

I can share the latest CLi reference guide if you like, (I have 8.2-4) however you're right it doesn't seem to make reference to the rf-virtual-mode, however there are only 3 options in terms of the ESS profile.

NativeCell - All Ap's are independant and have have unique BSSID. Typical micro cell like other vendors

VirtualCell - Single channel deployment, all APs share a common virtual BSSID. Allow seamless roaming and other nice things.

VirtualPort - Single channel deployment, each client device gets its own unique BSSID. This RF technology was replaced by VirtualCell - doesn't work with Apple iOS Mac randomization.

This is the same for the when you are in the context of a Dot11radio Interface.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Mark

Mark Ribbans