Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

LukaB
New Contributor

AP832e and reset administration password

Hello guys

I am fresh in Fortinet/Meru devices..

I would like to reset admin password . I got access to console over serial but I can only login to user "ap -1>"

Do is any way to reset password in this devices?

regards luk.

1 Solution
bandersen_FTNT

Hi Lukasz

There is no direct password at the AP itself, as the AP is managed by a wireless controller. So unless the AP is connected to a controller there is no configuration on the AP.

Hopes that helps you further.

Thanks

Brian

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bandersen_FTNT

Hi Lukasz

There is no direct password at the AP itself, as the AP is managed by a wireless controller. So unless the AP is connected to a controller there is no configuration on the AP.

Hopes that helps you further.

Thanks

Brian

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet

LukaB

Hello Brian.

Thank you for response.

Meru controler is a hardware with peace of software right?

Do is any way to virtualize controler software?

I have meru ap only for education reason. Just for testing new environment.

WHat is the cheapest way to start play with ap832 and xp8i Meru AP's?

regards lukas.

bandersen_FTNT

Hi Lukasz

Correct that you need a hardware box with our software installed. You also have the option to run it as a virtual appliance, this will keep down the cost compared to the hardware unit.

BTW: AP8i will no longer be working, it was a pure cloud based Meru Networks AP (no controller), and is now replaced by our FortiCloud solution.

So you will need to proceed with the AP832 and look into getting a virtual controller for that.

Thanks

Brian

Regards

Brian, at Fortinet