Cybersecurity Forum

This forum is for all security enthusiasts to discuss Fortinet's latest & evolving technologies and to connect & network with peers in the cybersecurity hemisphere. Share and learn on a broad range of topics like best practices, use cases, integrations and more. For support specific questions/resources, please visit the Support Forum or the Knowledge Base.

LeifGunn
New Contributor

ALcatel-Lucent Wifi Handset

We have replaced some AP300 (virtual port) with AP800 series (virtual cell) and in that regard we got problems and instability with Alcatel-Lucent WiFi handsets (ASCOM hardware). They reconnect themselves regularly also during a call and we can't see the reason for it. We also tried native cell but nothing changed. Is anyone else experiencing this ? Is there anyone out there who use ASCOM with AP822 / AP832 and virtual cell and will share their experience with the ASCOM system.

MC4200 SD 7.0-9-1

Regards
Leif Gunnar Larsen

1 Solution
rmoussa
Contributor

I Think this a problem with client phone hardware. We have customer who has alcatel lucent wifi also having similar issue.

Rony Moussa

NSE Certified : Level 8

Rony Moussa
Fortinet NSE Certified: Level 8

View solution in original post

Rony MoussaFortinet NSE Certified: Level 8
3 REPLIES 3
KishRedd
Staff
Staff

Hi Leif Gunnar Larsen,

There are no known issues with ASCOM phones and VOIP calls while roaming with AP832. Please contact Fortinet Customer Service if you have not yet contacted.

Regards

rdewitte_FTNT

Coming from Alcatel-Lucent i've experience this issue all the time as a user, even with their Aruba wifi network

rmoussa
Contributor

I Think this a problem with client phone hardware. We have customer who has alcatel lucent wifi also having similar issue.

Rony Moussa

NSE Certified : Level 8

Rony Moussa
Fortinet NSE Certified: Level 8
Rony MoussaFortinet NSE Certified: Level 8
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.