Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
psniech
New Contributor

select *

why the formula that allows to get column's names from log:

select * from $log ....

doesn't work

2 Solutions
ozkanaltas

Hi @psniech ,

I know I also used that SQL query before on the previous version of FortiAnalyzer.

I think they forgot to update the training document. 

Actually, I understand why removed this SQL query. Because when you ran that query, FortiAnalyzer was fetching all logs from the log database. This actually means that it puts a load on the device. They have brought this convenience so that this query does not have to be run continuously.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

In addition, As you can see these screens are from the oldest version of FortiAnalyzer.

Because of that, they need to update training documents. :) 

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
7 REPLIES 7
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @psniech ,

Can you explain the issue few more words? 

You try to write datasets on FortiAnalyzer, right? If you say yes, can you share all SQL queries with us? 

psniech

Sorry, it was a problem with the browser. Now is displaying properly column names. Problem solved.

psniech

Hi,

I was wrong. According to training materials formula:

select * from $log 

should display column names from relevant log. but as I can see it gives syntax error:

"Merge: please use specific columns instead of '*'

ozkanaltas

Hello @psniech ,

If you move the mouse cursor to the "from $log" field, you can see the fields in the relevant database.

image.png

psniech

Hi,

I know that it works like you mentioned. But before it was also possible to use formula: select * from $log and it worked. I have such a formula in current version of training materials for FortiAnalyzer Analyst training, that's because I have posted this qestion.

ozkanaltas

Hi @psniech ,

I know I also used that SQL query before on the previous version of FortiAnalyzer.

I think they forgot to update the training document. 

Actually, I understand why removed this SQL query. Because when you ran that query, FortiAnalyzer was fetching all logs from the log database. This actually means that it puts a load on the device. They have brought this convenience so that this query does not have to be run continuously.

ozkanaltas
Contributor III

In addition, As you can see these screens are from the oldest version of FortiAnalyzer.

Because of that, they need to update training documents. :) 

image.png

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors