Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Selim_mannai
New Contributor

Quarantine Hosts that don't have forticlient installed on a network behind a FortiGate + EMS

Hi Community,

Using an EMS, Fortigate and fortianalyzer if needed , I m trying to see how I can quarantine users that don't have a fortiClient installed and have the last signature from the EMS.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
atakannatak
New Contributor III

Hi @Selim_mannai ,

To quarantine users who don't have FortiClient installed and do not have the latest signature from EMS, you can leverage FortiGate’s integration with EMS and FortiAnalyzer. Here's a step-by-step approach and the related document:

1-FortiClient EMS Configuration: Ensure that your FortiClient EMS is properly configured and managing your endpoints. This includes deploying the FortiClient with the necessary configuration profiles.

2-FortiGate Configuration: Integrate FortiGate with FortiClient EMS. Go to Security Fabric > Settings and configure the EMS server settings.

3-FortiClient Compliance Profile: Create a compliance profile in EMS to ensure endpoints have the latest signature and FortiClient installed.

4-Assign Compliance Profile: Assign the compliance profile to the endpoints.

5-Automation Stitch: Create an automation stitch to handle non-compliance actions. Go to Security Fabric > Automation and create a stitch with a trigger based on endpoint non-compliance and an action to add the user to the quarantine group.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.2.4/ems-administration-guide/952100/quarantining-an...

BR.

If my answer provided a solution for you, please mark the reply as solved it so that others can get it easily while searching for similar scenarios.

Atakan Atak
Atakan Atak
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors