Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nwt
New Contributor II

Fortinet cloud logs suddenly not showing on device.

Suddenly last week I lost logs from one of our firewalls (200F) in the Fortinet Cloud views. I can view the logs stored on local memory and the cloud logs of other firewalls in the security fabric in FortiView still, and the log settings show data still being uploaded to Fortinet Cloud. We're on a free plan, so I'm not sure what my options are for verifying on the cloud side that the logs are there.

I have a ticket in, but support has been less than active on it. So far my only instructions have been to restart the logging service with 

fnsysctl killall miglogd

which hasn't had any visible effect.

1 Solution
nwt
New Contributor II

Large full backups were running to the cloud. As far as I can tell the only service that had trouble in the whole company was forticloud logs. When my problem suddenly went away a coworker realized that it aligned with the backup jobs finally completing after several days.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @nwt,

Have you tried different browsers? Are you able to view logs in the CLI? Please refer to https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Displaying-logs-via-FortiGate-s-CLI/ta-p/1...

Please also make sure FortiGate is able to reach FortiCloud. Otherwise, it won't be able to retrieve logs from FortiCloud. 

Regards, 

nwt
New Contributor II

Different browsers: Yes, no joy. Plus, other firewalls in the security fabric have their logs showing up fine in here, just not this one.

CLI: No. 0 found 0 returned

Reach FortiCloud: Testing connection to FortiCloud is successful, I already tried increasing the timeout as well.

hbac

@nwt,

If you login to FortiGate Cloud, are you able to see logs of the problematic FortiGate? 

Regards, 

nwt
New Contributor II

I can see that there are logs, but I'm not sure that I can see the logs themselves on the free plan? Is there a good way for me to do so?

nwt
New Contributor II

I think I've had a breakthrough. I happened to be checking the web filter logs and noticed that I was looking at cloud logs. I went to application logs and nothing loaded, then I went back to web filter and nothing loaded. I went to the Log Settings and hit the Test Connectivity button repeatedly and found that it goes to Unreachable for stretches at a time. I also found that hitting refresh 8-10 times on a log screen eventually loads logs. It looks like I'm having trouble staying connected to Forticloud.

hbac

@nwt,

I believe that's the issue. We need to check why connection to FortiCloud is not stable. I suggest opening a ticket with Fortinet TAC to further troubleshoot. 

Regards, 

nwt
New Contributor II

Large full backups were running to the cloud. As far as I can tell the only service that had trouble in the whole company was forticloud logs. When my problem suddenly went away a coworker realized that it aligned with the backup jobs finally completing after several days.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors